The death toll due to COVID-19 rose to 206 on Friday and the number of positive cases climbed to 6,039 in India.
Here are the top 10 developments:
1. A day after Odisha extended ongoing lockdown till April 30, Punjab on Friday extended the lockdown till May 1.
2. Gurugram district administration on Friday made it mandatory to wear masks for people while venturing out of houses in view of the coronavirus outbreak.
3. The overall situation in Andhra Pradesh now under control, says CM Jagan Reddy.
4. India reports 37 deaths in the last 24 hours, sharpest ever increase in cases
5. We have domestic requirement of 1 crore hydroxychloroquine tablets: Health Ministry
6. No community transmission in the country yet, no need to panic, says Health Ministry
7. Have evacuated over 20,000 foreign nationals as of yesterday, says MEA
8. Tamil Nadu reports one more coronavirus death, toll reaches nine in the state.
9. MHA has directed states to ensure strict lockdown measures to fight COVID-19.
10. Eight COVID-19 cases reported in Srinagar.