Kerala and Tamil Nadu have emerged as the top ranking states in terms of the number of positive COVID-19 related cases.
Here are the top developments from the south of the Vindhyas this Monday afternoon:
1. The Tamil Nadu health department has said that it will penalise establishments not following the practice of social distancing.
2. Director General of Police (DGP) Telangana Mahendra Reddy, once again asked the police department to ensure the safety and well being of the health workers.
3. The Excise department of Kerala has reported an increase in the number of individuals availing the facilities offered by its de-addiction centre in Kozhikode. So far 187 people have availed treatment at the district centre. Kerala has closed down all liquor shops due to the COVID-19 crisis.
4. Andhra Pradesh has reported the resumption of exports of Fishery products after it was halted in February. As per reports, China has started reimporting shrimps and other fishery products.
5. The Ernakulam District Administration has come up with an unique initiative to collect samples through walk in kiosks. This will enable the staff collecting samples to remain risk free and also save time.