With the number of confirmed positives COVID-19 cases that have now sailed past 900 in the country, the developments and actions related with regards to the coronavirus spread are rapid.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Monday Morning-
1. Number of active COVID-19 cases in India: 901
Number of cured/discharged cases: 95
Number of deaths: 27
Number of migrated COVID-19 patients: 1
(Data as per Ministry of Health and Family Welfare)
2. On Sunday, the total number of confirmed cases in Maharashtra rose to 193 with 12 more people testing positive for Covid-19 in the state. Similarly, five new cases were reported each in Madhya Pradesh (39) and Jammu and Kashmir (38), and three in Gujarat (58) followed by one in Rajasthan.
3. A pilot with SpiceJet was also one of the individuals who tested positive for Covid-19. In an official statement, the private airline carrier said that the pilot last flew a domestic aircraft on March 21 and has been in home quarantine since.
4. Authorities reported seven fresh deaths on March 29, one each from Delhi, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Telangana and Jammu and Kashmir. Here is a breakdown of novel coronavirus casualties in India as of yet:
- Maharashtra (6)
- Gujarat (5)
- Karnataka (3)
- Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir (2 each)
- Kerala, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, Punjab, West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh (1 each)
5. On Sunday, five people who tested positive for the novel coronavirus in Pimpri Chinchwad, near Pune in Maharashtra, were discharged after undergoing treatment for the infection and testing negative thereafter.
6. At present, India has 47 private labs ready and certified to conduct tests to determine the presence of the novel coronavirus.
7. The Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) on Sunday wrote to the health secretaries and chief secretaries of all states and union territories, urging them to ensure availability and distribution of masks, gloves and hand sanitizers.
8. In Karnataka’s capital city of Bengaluru, the civic body (BBMP) has started fever clinics as proposed by Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa.
9. PM CARES – Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund- receives donations from various personalities from political leaders, Bollywood stars to sports personalities and leading business firms.
10. How you can donate to PM CARES-
Name of the account: PM CARES
Account no: 2121PM20202
SWIFT Code: SBININBB104
UPI ID: pmcares@sbi
For constant updates on the COVID-19 pandemic, stay tuned to NewsMobile’s LIVE Updates counter.