Two upscale condominiums on Friday, ‘The close South’ and ‘The Close North’ part of Nirvana Country imposed a lockdown on residents with a slew of measures to stop the spread of coronavirus.
The measures also follow PM Modi’s appeal to citizens to follow a Janata Curfew on March 22.
ALSO READ: COVID-19 LIVE | 223 positive cases in India; toll stands at four
However, these measures have been put in place immediately by the RWA’s to save the community, members said.
In Close South two residents tested positive and even though close north doesn’t have any cases the move is aimed at stopping the spread, residents said.
The circular to The Close North Residents said: “In view of the present situation, where positive cases of coronavirus are on the increase (including 2 in our neighbourhood), we have to keep ourselves and other residents safe by taking few steps.”
The Estate team is taking various measures to ensure the safety of its residents, some of which includes:
- All personal support staff/maids/driver/car cleaners/cooks, who come in from outside must be notified not to come into work until March 31, 2020.
- All food/material/courier delivery shall be done outside the respective tower gate entrance – an area is being marked out for this to ensure it is disinfected regularly.
- Gate no 2 has been shut and operation of only one gate for tighter control. It should be implemented by 5 am by March 22.
- Newspaper supply to be stopped till March 31, 2020, starting March 22.
- All cabs that may have booked for travel from residence, shall wait outside the main gate. It should be preferred to take the cab from Main Gate, except in special cases where elderly people are involved.
- Many residents, both adults and young college kids who have come back to the safety of home from international locations to get in touch with Estate Office.
- If a resident has an incoming medical assistant/nurse they will be permitted to enter on a daily basis but will have to notify the authorities. They are required to be wearing a mask on arrival, wash their hands at the gate and sanitise them.
- Till March 31, all families are requested to strictly self-quarantine themselves. This means not exiting the premises at all and limiting your movements to within your own home.
- Residents, children and live-in staff / full-time maids must not be allowed to gather in the lawns/play areas or other common areas.
All residents have been requested to follow these measures to prevent any further outbreak of the virus in the region.