Delhi on Wednesday reported its eighth positive case of Coronavirus when a 44-year-old male, a resident of Saket and temporarily based out of Singapore tested positive for the virus.
However, he has left the country and has returned to Singapore. He left India after giving his samples at the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital, the main testing centre in the national capital.
He has a travel history to two COVID-19 affected nations. It is believed that he had earlier travelled to Canada apart from Singapore, his place of residence.
The Delhi government authorities also said that the infected person came in contact with eight people during his stay in the national capital.
His parents in Saket apart from his driver and domestic help are being tested for the virus.
Amongst the eight cases, Delhi has reported three recoveries and one casualty.
On Monday, the Delhi government announced a ban on all gatherings of over 50 people as a preventive measure to contain the coronavirus in the national capital.
“All gyms, night clubs, spas to be closed till March 31st. Any gathering with more than 50 persons excluding weddings will not be allowed. For weddings also, we request if they can be postponed then please do so,” Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said in a media briefing.
As per the latest figures released by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in India has now risen to 147 – comprising 122 Indian nationals and 25 foreign nationals.