COVID-19: 14 out of 21 Italian nationals test positive for coronavirus says Dr Harsh Vardhan

Coronavirus, China, Death Toll, NewsMobile, NewsMobile India

Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan on Wednesday in a briefing said 14 out of 21 Italian nationals have been found positive for coronavirus. They have been sent to at Indo-Tibetan Border Police’s (ITBP) quarantine facility in Chhawla.

The Union Health Minister said that till now, there have been 28 positive cases of Coronavirus in India.

He also added that from now on, all flights and passengers will be part of universal screening, not just the 12 countries which we had listed earlier.

The coronavirus case in Jaipur is of an Italian tourist had tested positive in the second medical examination on Tuesday. The tourist had come with a group of tourists on February 29 and is now quarantined in the SMS hospital in Jaipur.

ALSO READ: NewsMobile Explainer: All you need to know about COVID-19

Six people from Noida who had been put under observation for suspected Coronavirus infection after they attended a birthday party hosted by an infected Delhi resident, have tested negative for the virus.

However, District Magistrate BN Singh said that these will be put under home quarantine for the next 14 days.

“Coronavirus samples taken from 6 people in Noida tested negative but they will need to be under home quarantine for the next 14 days and if symptoms develop, they can be retested again. Government and administration are keeping a watch close watch and there is no need to panic,” Singh said.

He also added that the district administration has not issued any school closure order.

Earlier, a top school in Noida was closed on Tuesday following a coronavirus scare. The move to shut the school came after it came to light that students from the school had attended a birthday party in which a Delhi resident—who was confirmed as a coronavirus case by the government on Monday—and his children were present.

While Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Twitter that he has decided not to participate in any Holi Milan programme.

Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jairam Thakur on Tuesday said that a suspected case of coronavirus has come to their knowledge in the state.

“It’s not right to jump to conclusions. Tests will be done, factual position will be clear only after his (suspected patient’s) reports come in. We have come to know that the person is from Bilaspur,” Thakur said while speaking to the reporters.

 

ALSO READ: NewsMobile Explainer: All you need to know about COVID-19

India’s capital, New Delhi on Monday had confirmed its first case of Coronavirus. The person in question had a travel history to Italy. Two more cases—one in Telangana and another in Jaipur—were also confirmed by the Health Ministry on Monday.

The Union Health Ministry informed on Tuesday that six positive cases of the deadly Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in India so far.

Coronavirus first originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan and has since then spread to several countries across the world. The World Health Organisation has declared the outbreak an international health emergency.

Global deaths due to coronavirus outbreak on Monday rose above 3,000 with the new count in China mainland rising to 2,912. The deadly virus, that originated in China late last year, continues to spread around the world and has infected more than 80,000 people.

(With ANI Inputs)

Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news

For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here