Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday launched “Fit India Movement” at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi on National Sports Day.
Launching the mission, he said, “My wishes to you all on National Sports Day. It was on this day that India got a sports star like Major Dhyan Chand who left the world spell-bound.”
“On this day a great sportsperson was born, Major Dhyan Chand. He amazed the world with his fitness, stamina, and hockey stick,” he added.
My wishes to you all on #NationalSportsDay. It was on this day that India got a sports star like #MajorDhyanChand who left the world spell-bound: PM @narendramodi at launch of #FitIndiaMovement https://t.co/aX8QxnHUFv pic.twitter.com/XHEXuMCLue
— NewsMobile (@NewsMobileIndia) August 29, 2019
PM Modi also said sports has a direct relation to fitness but Fit India Movement aims to go beyond fitness. He added that fitness is not just a word but an essential pillar to a healthy and prosperous life.
- PM Modi urged people to make fitness a part of daily life, saying it is necessary for our daily lives for a healthy living.
2. Launching the mission, he said it is a step towards a healthy India.
3. “Diseases like diabetes and hypertension is increasing in India day by day. Even the younger generation is getting infected with these diseases. This disorder is due to a disorder in your lifestyle. You have to change your lifestyle to improve your health,” PM Modi said.
4. “For efficiency at work, physical fitness is necessary,” he said.
5. Speaking about the benefits of fitness, he said investment on fitness is zero but the returns are infinite. You will soon be able to yield its fruits once you are fit.
6. ‘You download fitness apps then forget about it, make a gymming room at your home then keep maids to clean it because you never go there yourself, keep gym appliances in the corner of your room but never really use it,” PM Modi said.
7. “Be it the boardroom or the Bollywood, the one who is fit touches the sky. Mind is hit if body fit,” PM Narendra Modi
8. He also asserted fitness should be a standard of living, you have to encourage yourself to become fit.
The programme aims to encourage all citizens to inculcate a culture of fitness. The campaign is supported by several national sports icons including World Badminton champion PV Sindhu, sprinter Hima Das along with celebrated wrestlers Bajrang Punia and Sakshi Malik.