India captain Virat Kohli offered condolences to the families of the soldiers who lost their lives in the Pulwama terror attack and said the team will do whatever the Indian cricket board and the government decide.
‘Our sincere condolences to the families of CRPF soldiers who lost their lives in Pulwama attack. We stand by what the nation wants to do and what the BCCI decides to do. We will go by what the government and the Board decides, we will respect that,’ said Kohli
ALSO READ: Would personally hate to give Pak two points and help them in the tournament: Tendulkar
Sachin Tendulkar on Friday said that he would ‘hate’ to see India concede two points to Pakistan by not playing.
‘India has always come up trumps against Pakistan in the World Cup. Time to beat them once again. Would personally hate to give them two points and help them in the tournament,’ said Tendulkar in a statement.
The BCCI officials along with the members of the Committee of Administrators met in New Delhi on Friday to decide on the issue of boycotting the World Cup match against Pakistan after the Pulwama terrorist Attack.
They came to the conclusion that the fate of India’s participation in the match will be decided after the board consults with the Indian government after a four-hour long meeting.
‘16th June (India vs Pakistan match in World Cup) is very far away. We will take a call on that much later and in consultations with the government,’ CoA chairman Vinod Rai said.
The Indian cricket board is looking for ways to isolate Pakistan from the sport following the Pulwama terror attack last week in which the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) lost 40 jawans.
Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed claimed responsibility for the ghastly attack in which a bus filled with the paramilitary troops was blown up on February 14.