The five- state assembly elections concluded on 7th December with Rajasthan and Telangana casting their final votes on Friday. The results for the state elections in Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Rajasthan and Telangana will be declared on Tuesday, 11th December.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Congress President Rahul Gandhi held a number of rallies in all the five states, to ensure a win for their respective parties. Rahul Gandhi’s campaigns held an attack on the BJP over the Rafale jet deal, while the PM Modi- led BJP, aimed at the Nehru-Gandhi family, attacking it for not doing enough for the country.
ALSO READ: #BattleForStates | NewsMobile Poll of Polls
- Total candidates: 1,821
- Total section of women candidates: 51 (3%)
- Criminal record holders: 368 (21%)
- Serious criminal record holders: Murder charges against 6 candidates
- Literacy rate: 48 candidates have claimed to be illiterate
- Richest candidate : K Rajgopal Reddy, Congress, Munugode (Assets worth over Rs 300 crore)
- Constituency with max candidates – Malkajgiri (42)
- Interesting fact: Chandramukhi Muvvala, Bahujan Left Front (BLF), supported by the CPI(M)- First and only transgender candidate
- Total candidates: 2,188
- Total section of women candidates: 182
- Criminal record holders: 320 (15%)
- Serious criminal record holders: 195 (9%)
- Literacy: 12 candidates are illiterate
- Richest candidate : Kamini Jindal, National Unionist Zamindar Party (assets worth Rs 287 crore). 3/5 richest candidates from Congress.
- Interesting facts :
- Vasundhara Raje and Ashok Gehlot- the only people in Rajasthan who have NEVER changed their constituency
- Sachin Pilot contesting for FIRST TIME in state election, from Tonk
- Total candidates: 209
- Total section of women candidates: 15 (7%) ;
- Richest candidate – Robert Romawia Royte, MNF, (assets worth Rs 55 crore) ; owns Aizawl Football Club
- Interesting facts: CM Lal Thanhawla owns assets word Rs 12,20,19,747
- Total Candidates: 1,269
- Total section of women candidates: 125 (10%)
- Richest candidate: T.S. Baba, INC, Ambikapur( Has assets of over Rs. 500 crore). CM Raman Singh is among the top three richest candidates with total assets of over Rs 10.7 crore.
- Criminal record : 145 (12%)
- Serious criminal records : 98 (8%)
- Richest Candidate: BJP’s candidate Sanjay Satyendra Pathak from Vijayaraghavgarh has declared assets worth Rs 230 crore
- 2716 candidates analysed, 656(24%) were found to be crorepatis. The number is slightly up from 2013 elections, when out of 2494 candidates, 472 (19%) were found to be crorepatis.
- The state has 5,04,95,251 voters – 2,63,01,300 males, 2,41,30,390 females, 1,389 third gender and 62,172 postal electors.
- From BJP, 179(81%) out of 220 candidates analysed were found to be having assets more than Rs 1 crore. While from the Congress, 173(78%) out of 223 candidates analysed were found to be crorepatis.