Vijaypat Singhania, the chairman-emeritus of the Raymond Group, has been sacked by the Board of Raymond Group, whose chairman and managing director is his son Gautam Singhania.
The father-son duo have been entangled in a bitter legal battle for the last few years.
Who is Vijaypat Singhania
- Singhania, 80, is the man who took the Raymond Group to where it is today.
- He gave the tagline ‘The Complete Man’ which has become synonymous with Raymond.
- He was known to be a trail blazer. In 1988 he flew a microlight aircraft from India to the United Kingdom – a distance of 34,000 km that he covered in 24 days.
- He won the gold medal in the Federation Aeronautique Internationale air race in 1998.
- He was conferred with the rank of Honorary Air Commodore of the Indian Air Force.
- At the age of 67, in 2001, he created a new world record for highest altitude gained in a hot air balloon.
- In 2005, he earned a Gold medal of the Royal Aero Club.
- In 2006 he was conferred the Padma Bhushan.
- He has written a book – ‘An Angel In A Cockpit’ – on his microlite journey.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news genie