The news of the pregnancy of Meghan Markle has been confirmed after many guesses and curiosities. The delivery is expected in the spring of 2019. This news has got the whole world excited and curious to know more details about the royal pregnancy.
For all those who do not know about the customs of the royal family from pregnancy to post-delivery, here are some of them.
- In the royal families, a child is born only in the royal homes. The deliveries do not happen in any hospital.
- The announcement of the birth is made on a typed royal letterhead by the doctor right after the delivery and the letter is taken to the Buckingham Palace in a car and is displayed on a frame in front of the palace after which the news is shared on social media.
- There is no announcement of the baby’s gender before the birth. Even the to-be parents are not given this information. It is also shared in the same letter in front of the Buckingham Palace after the birth.
- A royal baby is given three or four names that are selected to honour the royal relatives or previous monarchs.
- Upon the birth, the Home Secretary gives the news of the delivery to the important government officials.
- The news of birth is announced to the public by an unofficial town crier who goes around the town with a mic.
- A 62-gun salute is carried out at the Tower of London to celebrate the birth and 41-gun salute takes place from Green Park near Buckingham Palace.