Reflecting on his inclusion in the team, Kepa who is currently with Athletic Bilbao, said that it was a very important decision of his career and he was glad that the club imposed faith in him.
The deal has broken the previous goalkeeper transfer record set by Liverpool, who got Brazilian Alisson Becker of Roma for 65 million pounds, last month. Kepa, who played his first international game with Spanish football team Ponferradina, won the 2012 European Championship with Spain’s under-19 team before making his senior debut in 2017.
“It’s very important decision for me, for my career, and also for my personal life. So many things attracted me to the club, all the titles the club has won, the other players, the city, the English Premier League. It’s an accumulation of things, and I am very glad Chelsea has decided to trust me and to take me in as well,” goal.com quoted Kepa, as saying.
The top 5 most expensive goalkeepers are
- Alisson Becker, Roma to Liverpool in 2018, £65million
- Gianluigi Buffon, Parma to Juventus in 2001, £32.6m
- Ederson, Benfica to Manchester City in 2017, £35m
- Jordan Pickford, Sunderland to Everton in 2017, £30m
- Bernd Leno, Bayer Leverkusen to Arsenal in 2018, £22million