BJP’s chief ministerial candidate for Karnataka BS Yeddyurappa released the party’s election manifesto in Bengaluru along with party leaders on Friday. In an attempt to woo students, the BJP promised free laptops to students enrolling in colleges, whereas the Congress had offered them free smartphones, if voted to power. He also promised free electricity to farmers, mangalsutras to women below poverty lines and canteens with subsidised food.
Some other populist measures include a garbage free Bengaluru and a promise to build swimming pools and running tracks in every taluk.
Other promises made:
- 20 lakh farmers living in drought-affected areas to get Rs 10,000 each.
- Rs 1.5 lakh crores to be alloted for irrigation.
- Free electricity to be given to farmers for 10 hours for all pump sets.
- Rs 3000 crores to be allotted for animal welfare.
- “MukhyaMantri Laptop Yojane” to provide every student enrolling in a college with a free laptop.
- A special programme will be initiated against the slaughtering of cows.
- Free smartphones and three gram gold mangalsutra for all women belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) family under the “MukhyaMantri Smartphone Yojane”
- More than 300 annapoorna canteens to be set up.
- Government-sponsored education in foreign countries for more than 400 schedule tribes students.
- CCTV cameras to be installed throughout the state for the safety and protection of women and children.
- Rs 7500 crores to be allocated to provide modern amenities to OBCs, and much more.
- Six “K-Hubs” as the biggest incubators and co-working spaces for startups in India at Hubballi, Bengaluru, Raichur, Mysuru, Mangaluru and Kalaburgi.
More for farmers:
- BJP will announce a crop loan waiver upto 1 Lakh, including all loans from Nationalised Banks and Co-operatives, in first cabinet meeting for the benefit of our Annadaatas.
- BJP has pledged to ensure that farmers receive 1.5 times the cost of production as Minimum Support Price (MSP) to fulfill PM’s Shri vision of doubling farmers’ incomes.
- To support farmers during price fluctuations, Rs 5,000 Crore “Raitha Bandhu Market Intervention Fund” will be set up providing a safety net for farmers. BJP will set up the “Raitha Bandhu Department”, directly under CMO, to monitor the implementation of all farmer friendly schemes executed by the Agriculture, Minor Irrigation and Water Resources ministries.
- Will bring back a separate agricultural budget to place focus on the needs of our farmers.
- BJP will launch the “Negilayogi Yojane” to provide direct income support of 10,000 each to 20 Lakh small and marginal dry land farmers.