Before you plan to buy the latest air purifier for your home, give a thought to the naturally existing air-purifiers i.e. House plants and trees.
There are various plants that do not require much water and release freshness to keep your place cool. Planting more trees around you will help in blocking the direct penetration of the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
It will also increase the inflow of oxygen in your house and will reduce the need for air conditioners.
Harpreet Ahluwalia, principle designer at Earthly Creations emphasises on adopting a plant and shares how we can beat the heat this summer with cool and easy ideas:
1. Plant more pots at schools and offices – keep your most engaging or working place much green as you spend a lot more hours of your day there. Plant small green pots at the corridors, near window sill, main entrances. One can even place a pot on their desk for a more fresh energy scene. But please make sure they get their fair share of sunlight and water.
2. Use terracotta pots over plastic ones – people these days carry plastic pots over the traditional terracotta ones, as they find them easy to carry and port. But the plastic do not allow plants to grow that greatly as the mud and terracotta ones. Closeness with nature and soil allow plants to grow more vibrantly.
Terracotta also helps in healing the environment as plastic is more widely used in every possible forms. Moreover, plastic use should always be discouraged keeping the ill-effects of global warming in mind.
3. Place plants at your dining tables – at homes, we can decorate our interior with small little pots of different shapes and sizes to make it more lively and close to nature.
One can also go for the family – oriented or theme based pots for the decor inside the house. It will brighten up the place keeping it cool at the same time.
4. Plants can also be placed in Bathrooms – you can also place such cooling plants in your bathrooms. This is the most ignorant place to lure with the decor. One can go placing the small, easy – breezy plants in the bathing room too to keep your body soothing and close to nature.
The bathroom also needs a touch of green to make it breathable for all. Moreover, you can use certain aromatic plants such as Jasmine and Tea Rose Begonia to work as a natural bathroom freshener.
5. Go for kitchen gardening to make your working station green and organic – one can grow fruits and vegetables easily in their kitchen garden and enjoy the green, fresh organic veggies at their place.
This will keep you in close proximity to nature and will keep the aeration in kitchen cool and will kill the virus and bacteria caused due to ultraviolet radiation. The satisfaction of using home grown vegetables and fruits is second to none as you get to taste the difference