In a much anticipated New Year’s Eve address to the nation Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday announced series of schemes to enhance middle and lower middle class people of India.
Here are the key pointers:
Modi Starts his New Year’s Eve.
- After Diwali, our country took an important decision to curb black money which will have long term benefits.
- Indians have shown spirit of sacrifice to fight black money.
- The problems which the people have faced for the betterment of the country is an example in itself.
- Acknowledge the pain and difficulties citizens had to undergo in last 50 days.
- Law will act strongly against the corrupt and the guilty
- People had to queue to withdraw own money but they don’t want to be even a step behind in fight against Corruption, BlackMoney.
- 125 cr citizens have proved that for them truth & honesty are important despite inconveniences post demonetisation: PM Modi
- Bank employees and authorities along with people have done exemplary work, yes there have been reports of a few indulging in corruption.
- Request banks to keep the poor, lower middle and middle classes as their focus, says PM
- PM Awaas Yojana will have two new schemes so that poor can take loans for building homes.
- Home loans for poor, middle class upto Rs 9lakh will get 4% exemption on interest & upto Rs 12lakh will get 3% exemption
- Govt to bear 60-days interest on selected farm loans.
- 60% interest waive for farmers who lost out on seed procurement during the demonetisation drive, says PM Modi
- Kisan Credit Cards to be changed to Rupay cards for ease of use.
- Credit guarantee for small traders to be raised to Rs 2 crore.