Mumbai: Producers of the movie ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ have vowed not to work with Pakistani actors after the meeting with Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray on early Saturday morning.
Karan Johar‘s much-awaited film has been at the centre of a controversy after the Uri terror attack on September 18th. In the consequence of the terror strike, people from different sections demanded a ban on Pakistani artistes from the industry. The MNS also threatened to hold the release of the film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil featuring Pakistani actor Fawad Khan in a cameo.
In the meeting with CM Fadnavis, it was decided that the Bollywood industry will not work with any Pakistani artist in the future. Producer Mukesh Bhatt stated, “I assured Mr.Fadnavis that the Producer’s Guild has decided that we will not work with Pakistani artists in the future.”
He also added, ” Also, Karan Johar has said he will run a slate before the movie starts which honours the martyrs, its a tribute.”
ALSO READ: Pakistani spy held in Jammu and Kashmir
In a reply to the controversy and the appeals for a ban on his film, Johar issued a video statement earlier this week.
In the earlier meeting, Fadnavis had affirmed Johar that the Maharashtra government would not tolerate anyone to disrupt law and order.
“The state government would like to reaffirm that the government will not allow anyone to disturb law and order and stern action will be taken. The Democratic protest is fine but unlawful activity will not be tolerated,” Fadnavis said.