New Delhi: Amid the surgical strikes India carried out in PoK last week after the deadly Uri Attack, the Indian government is likely to take a decision soon on unvailing ‘clinching evidence’ as Pakistan questions India on the surgical strikes.
Indicating that the government was considering putting portions of the footage in the public domain, home minister Rajnath Singh, when asked on Sunday about Pakistan raising doubts over the operation in view of absence of any footage, said, “Just wait and watch.”
ALSO READ: Baramulla Attack: Two terrorists neutralized, one soldier martyred
Singh was interacting with the media on the sidelines of an event to mark the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan‘ on Sunday. He congratulated the Army for having displayed its valour by carrying out surgical strikes against launch pads across the LoC.
“The country as well as the whole world is aware of this (surgical strikes)… the way our jawans displayed valour has made India proud,” Singh said.
ALSO READ: ‘This is not the End’ India’s message to Terror masterminds in Pakistan
According to report, sources close to the home minister said the Army had recorded the surgical strikes using helmet-mounted cameras but a decision on making the footage public would be taken by the political leadership in a couple of days. “The political leadership, in consultation with the Army and security brass, is likely to examine whether the evidence should be released and, if yes, to what extent,” report quotes the official.
ALSO READ: Indian Coast Guard seizes Pakistani boat off Gujarat coast