Police thrashes army officer’s son on PM’s route

A 15-year-old boy, son of a serving Colonel of Indian Army, was allegedly thrashed near Dhaula Kuan by two Delhi Police personnel posted to ensure smooth passage of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s cavalcade on Tuesday evening. Kislay Mudgal, who lives with his family at Dwarka Sector 21, had gone to Dhaula Kuan to play basketball around 5 pm. He was waiting for a car sent by his father to pick him up when the two policemen allegedly confronted and asked him to move away.
“He was waiting for the vehicle when the two cops bullied him. When he reacted to it saying they cannot treat him like that they pushed him and then started slapping him repeatedly on the face and back,” alleged Viplav Thakur, the boy’s uncle.He also alleged the policemen dragged him inside the Dhaula Kuan police Chowki and beat him up. “As he was hit by the cops, his braces came out with blood in his mouth and his spectacles and mobile phone were also damaged,” Thakur alleged.
“A young woman who tried to intervene admonishing the policemen for treating the boy brutally, was also misbehaved with by them. The woman later called Colonel Kunal and gave all the details to him,” he said. Father of the boy, along with his colleagues and relatives, went to the police station to lodge a complaint. A senior Delhi Traffic Police official confirmed that the incident occurred around the time PM’s cavalcade was to pass from there. The incident was also captured in the CCTV cameras. Senior police officers also confirmed the incident saying the guilty head constable identified as Rajendra Kumar has been shifted to police lines and further enquiry is being conducted.

“The boy was asked to move as the cavalcade was to pass through the road minutes before the incident happened around 5.20 pm. The head constable has been shifted to police lines and further enquiry is being made,” said a senior officer. The family members said senior police officers acknowledged mistake by their subordinates but they want “action” against the “guilty cops” for treating the boy like a criminal.

The boy was in trauma after the incident and even as the police pressed to take him for a medical examination at Safdarjung hospital, his father insisted on taking him back to home. The boy was attended by army medical personnel at the police station.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here