Even iphones are not safe now, check out why

Gareth Clear, who works as a management consultant in Sydney, reportedly suffered a severe burn injury after his iPhone 6 exploded.  according to media report, Clear fell from his bike to land on his iPhone 6 which was in the back pocket, when the phone caught fire.

The report further stated, “seconds later he noticed smoke and a searing heat, before hearing an explosion as the phone he’d had for just six months ignited, melting through his shorts and two layers of skin on his upper right thigh.”

The burns are said to be so severe that Clear underwent skin graft at Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney. Due to the “metal bending and all the lithium leaking out of the bottom end”, the back of smartphone was completely damaged while the top remained “perfectly intact, says the report.

It is also reported that the iPhone manufacturer, Apple, will conduct a probe into the incident. Meanwhile, Clear has taken to Twitter to educate people on the dangers of lithium-ion batteries. “The more pervasive these are in our lives and the more people use them with a lack of apprehension that something might go wrong, the more that these things will happen.

An Apple spokesperson, however, declined to comment.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here