- The Congress visit was critical as the Congress support is pivotal for the bilateral relations.
- First joint session for a foreign leader hosted by Speaker Paul Ryan.
- Only joint session of the US Congress scheduled this year
- First time Speaker hosted a lunch for any visiting Indian PM
- Senate foreign relations committee and House foreign affairs committee hosted a reception
- Democrats and Republicans bury gridlock to welcome Indian Prime Minister
- Nine times standing applause by US
- Seventy two times applause during his 44