With the round of 16 just a week away, all the teams which have qualified for it are preparing themselves for it. Champions Leagues is one the most watched competition in the world of sports. Top teams battle it out in the pitch to win the trophy. There is a lot of pressure not only on the players but also on the team managers and coaches.
While seeing the game have you ever wondered that who is the most successful coach in the tournament when it comes to winning ratio? Here we bring you the top coaches who have the best win ratio.
Here is the criteria according to which the coaches were judged.
- A minimum of 40 games had to be coached in the tournament
- Club listed only those coach has led in European Cup/UEFA Champions League
- Includes European Cup and UEFA Cup but not the qualifiers
- Win after extra time counts as victory, triumph on penalties counts as draw
2) Bob Paisley (Liverpool) 27 wins from 41 games = 65.9%
3) Sir Matt Busby (Manchester United) 26 from 41 games = 63.4%
4) Tomislav Ivić (Hajduk Split, Ajax, Anderlecht, Crvena zvezda, Porto, Marseille): 29 from 46 = 63.0%
5) Josep Guardiola* (Barcelona, Bayern München) 50 from 80 = 62.5%
6) Helenio Herrera (Internazionale Milano) 25 from 40 = 62.5%
7) Louis van Gaal (Ajax, Bayern München, Barcelona, Manchester United) 57 from 95 = 60%
8) Laurent Blanc* (Bordeaux, Paris Saint-Germain) 25 from 42 = 59.5%
9) Miguel Muñoz (Real Madrid) 41 from 71 = 57.7%
10) Jock Stein (Celtic) 33 from 58 = 56.9%
Report first published on UEFA.com