The Sikkim government shortened the lunch time in office to 30 minutes.
As per Chief Minister Pawan Chamling’s official Facebook Page communiqué, cabinet approvals and sanctions following decisions were taken on October 27 at Mintokgang CM office.
1. There will be half an hour lunch break from 1pm to 1.30 pm in all State Government offices w.e.f. 1st November, 2015.
2. Rs 100 crore for purchase of power during the current financial year 2015-16 as budgetary support from Non-Plan.
3. Ex-post facto approval and sanction of Rs 48.89 lakh for hosting 29th TCC & ERPC meeting in February 2016 in Gangtok.
4. Amendment to the Second Schedule to the Government of Sikkim (Allocation of Business) Rules,2004 with regard to transfer of administrative control of SREDA to Energy & Power Department.
5. Rs 50 lakhs for implementation of CATCH programme.
6. Grant of Rs 2.80 crore and Rs 81.21 lakh under non Plan to Sikkim Khadi & Village Industries Board for the financial year 2015-16.
7. Grant of Rs 35 lakh under Plan and Rs 3.23 crore under non Plan to Sikkim Temi Tea Board (Temi Tea Estate) for the financial year 2015-16.
8. Approval of the revised estimate of Rs 1,688.01 lakhs and sanction of Rs 21.37 lakhs for construction of new road from Radang (NH-31A) to Khimchithang via Chuba in East Sikkim.
9. Rs 75 lakhs for the implementation of the Sikkim State Illness Assistance fund (SSIAF) Programme.
10. Inclusion of Majhi Community in the State List of Other Backward Classes, and further recommend to National Commission for Backward Classes for inclusion of this community in the Central List of OBC.
11. Release of Rs 278.32 lakhs as 50% grant-in-aid to different Commissions and Boards under the administrative control of SJEWD.
12. Transfer of Rs 17.28 lakhs to Rajiv Awaas Yojana (RAY) account under SUDA (Sikkim Urban Development Agency) for establishment of SLTC (State Level Technical cell).
13. Revision of State Strategic Statistical Plan (SSSP) to Rs 17.2836 crore and transfer of fund of 2nd installment amounting to Rs 5.8948 crore only to SSDA (Sikkim State Statistical Development Agency).
14. Rs 724 lakhs for organising the Sikkim Organic Festival during January 2016.
15. Rs 85 lakhs as grant-in-aid, out of which, Rs 50 lakhs to be released to Institute of Hotel Management, Gangtok and Rs 35 lakhs to Tathagatha Tsal, Rabong (Plan) during the year 2015-16.
16. Amendment of nomenclature of the existing Food and Civil Supplies (Inspector/Assistant Controller/Deputy Controller of weights and measures) Recruitment Rules, 1991 as Sikkim State Legal Metrology Service Rules, 2015, and also review and expand the existing cadre strength under the amended rules.