Kohli breaks his silence on WC debacle

Mumbai: After enduring backlash from media and cricket fans, India’s vice-captain Virat Kohli on Friday finally broke his silence.

Kohli said he was “very sad”, “hurt” and “disappointed” at the way people reacted after India’s failure in the ICC World Cup 2015 semi-final last month.

Speaking for the first time to the media on World Cup performances, Kohli said he had contributed to the team much more than any other player in the last five years but still questions were being asked about him.

“I am personally very disappointed. I have performed consistently but it was disappointing that I got such a response just for one match. It makes you lose faith in a lot of people. The reactions were very disappointing,” Kohli was quoted as saying to a TV channel.

Angry fans targeted Kohli’s girlfriend and Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma for the batsman’s failure in the World Cup semi-final against Australia in Sydney.

Kohli said people who commented on his personal life for should be “ashamed”.

Anushka was present at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) to cheer Kohli and the Indian team.

India, defending their 2011 World Cup title down under, lost to co-hosts Australia in the semi-final where Kohli was dismissed for just 1 run off 13 balls.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here