New Delhi: Following is the chronology of events in IPL 6 spot-fixing and betting scandal in which the Supreme Court on Thursday barred N Srinivasan from contesting for any post in the BCCI as he had commercial interest in cricket.
* May 16, 2013: Rajasthan Royals players â€“ S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan â€“ arrested by Delhi Police.
* May 21: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested.
* May 24: Gurunath Meiyappan arrested.
* May 28: IPL Governing Council sets up Inquiry Committee to probe the case.
* Jun 2: BCCI President N Srinivasan relinquishes BCCI duties temporarily.
* Jun 4: Meiyappan and Vindoo granted bail.
* Jun 11: Sreesanth and Chavan also granted bail.
* Jul 28: Inquiry Commission finds no evidence against owners against Meiyappan and Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra.
* Jul 30: Bombay High Court nullifies inquiry commission’s report.
* Aug 5: BCCI moves SC against Bombay High Court’s order.
* Aug 7: SC refuses to declare HC orders illegal.
* Aug 30: SC issues notices to BCCI, Srinivasan and India Cements.
* Sep 9: Ajit Chandila granted bail by a Delhi court.
* Sep 23: Cricket Association of Bihar moves SC to restrain Srinivasan from contesting BCCI election.
* Sep 27: SC restrains Srinivasan from taking charge as BCCI President.
* Oct 8: SC declares three members inquiry commission, allows Srinivasan to take charge of BCCI.
* Feb 10, 2014: Mudgal Committee submits report to SC.
* Mar 25: SC recommends Srinivasan to step down as BCCI chief.
* Mar 28: SC appoints Sunil Gavaskar as interim BCCI chief for IPL 7.
* Apr 16: SC turns down Srinivasan’s reinstatement plea.
* May 16: SC orders probe against Srinivasan and 12 others; constitutes Empowered Probe Panel.
* Aug 28: Mudgal Committee files report in SC.
* Sep 1: SC grants Mudgal Committee two months more time to complete probe.
* Nov 3: Mudgal panel submits final report.
* Nov 14: SC names Srinivasan, three others figuring in Mudgal probe. Srinivasan cleared in IPL scam but Meiyappan, Kundra indicted.
* Nov 21: Srinivasan seeks reinstatement as BCCI chief.
* Nov 24: Conflict of interest comes to haunt Srinivasan in SC.
* Nov 25: SC says Meiyappan’s role in IPL scam is like insider trading.
* Nov 27: SC throws suggestions whether those named in the Mudgal Committee could keep out of BCCI elections and CSK’s franchise could be scrapped.
* Dec 1: SC says onus was on disproving conflict of interest on Srinivasan.
* Dec 9: SC proposes high-powered committee to cleanse cricket.
* Dec 10: Srinivasan agrees to keep away from IPL, seeks SC nod for reinstatement as BCCI President.
* Dec 15: SC decides to examine controversial amendment in the BCCI rules which enables office bearers to own teams in IPL and Champions League amidst raging debate over conflict of interest issue.
* Dec 17: SC asks players, administrators with interests not to run the game and reserves order in the alleged betting and spot fixing scam case.
* Jan 22, 2015: SC bars Srinivasan from standing for any post in BCCI.