The overall number of global coronavirus cases has crossed the 53-million mark, while the deaths have increased to more than 1.3 million, according to Johns Hopkins University data.
Here are the top 10 developments this morning:
- The United States hopes to immunize 20 million residents in December and at least 25 million each month in 2021, Operation Warp Speed chief adviser Moncef Slaoui said in a news conference at the White House.
- Three US states of California, Oregon and Washington – all on the United States’ West Coast – issued new travel advisories urging residents to avoid so-called “non-essential” travel and to self-quarantine for two weeks due to novel coronavirus outbreaks, California Governor Gavin Newsom’s office said in a statement.
- The breakaway region of Transnistria has registered record 248 cases of COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, the regional response center said on Friday.
- Moscow has registered 69 deaths of patients infected with COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, bringing the Russian capital’s death toll to 7,712, the city’s coronavirus response center said in a statement on Friday.
- A nighttime curfew has been imposed in Montenegro due to the coronavirus outbreak, the country’s Health Minister Kenan Hrapovic announced on Friday.
- German BioNTech biopharmaceutical company that had teamed up with US Pfizer for the development of a vaccine against Covid-19, told Sputnik on Friday that it had not yet received the information as to when vaccination will start in Germany.
- The Iraqi Health Ministry has reported 2,690 new COVID-19 cases, raising the number of nationwide infections to 514,496.
- Japan has registered a new single-day record of 1,685 new COVID-19 cases over the past 24 hours, taking the overall tally to 116,220, the NHK broadcaster reported on Friday, citing the authorities.
- The overall number of global coronavirus cases has crossed the 53-million mark
- The death toll has increased to more than 1.3 million.
(With ANI inputs)
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram