With 48,648 new COVID-19 infections in the last 24 hours, India’s total cases surged to 80,88,851, while the death toll mounted to 1,21,090 after 563 new deaths reported.
Total active cases in the country now stand at 5,94,386 after a decrease of 9301 in the last 24 hours. Total cured cases are 73,73,375 with 57,386 new discharges in the last 24 hours.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. India has exponentially scaled up its testing capacity from one in January to more than 10.65 cr at present. The very high testing has resulted in the continuously falling positivity rate. It is 7.54% presently: Ministry of Health
2. 5,739 fresh positive cases – highest single-day spike – 4,138 recoveries and 27 deaths reported in Delhi on Thursday. The total case tally stands at 3,75,753, including 3,38,378 recoveries, 30,952 active cases and 6,423 deaths: Delhi Government
3. With 10,75,760 tests conducted on Thursday, the cumulative tests have crossed 10.65 crores (10,65,63,440). Nearly 11 lakh tests have been conducted daily on an average during the past six weeks: Govt of India
4. The cumulative positivity rate has been falling progressively and has touched 7.54% today. India continues to maintain the declining trend of active cases. Active cases stand at 6,03,687 today. It comprises only 7.51% of the total positive cases of the country: Govt of India said on Thursday.
5. Tamil Nadu reported 2,652 new COVID-19 cases, 35 deaths and 4,087 discharges on Thursday, as per the State Health Department. The total number of cases in the state is now at 7,19,403 including 6,83,464 discharges and 11,053 deaths. There are 24,886 active cases in the state.
6. Maharashtra reported 5,902 new COVID-19 cases, 7,883 recoveries and 156 deaths on Thursday, as per State’s Public Health Department. The COVID19 tally of the state rises to 16,66,668, with 14,94,809 recoveries and 43,710 deaths. Active cases at 1,27,603.
7. Maharashtra Government has extended lockdown till November 30 with activities permitted under Mission ‘Begin Again’.
8. 3,989 new COVID-19 cases, 3,945 discharged cases and 61 deaths reported in West Bengal on Thursday, as per the State Health Department. Now the total cases stand at 3,65,692, including 37,094 active cases and 6,725 deaths.
9. Punjab reported 468 new COVID-19 cases, 427 discharged cases and 10 deaths on Thursday, taking total positive cases to 1,32,727, including 1,24,293 discharges, 4,266 active cases and 4,168 deaths: State Health Department
10. Uttarakhand’s COVID-19 cases tally rose to 61,566 with 305 fresh cases on Thursday. The total number of active cases and recoveries stand at 3,545 and 56,529 respectively. Death toll mounts to 1,009: State Government