India reported 45,149 new COVID-19 infections in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 79,09,960.
The death toll in the country mounted to 1,19,014 after 480 new deaths reported. The total active cases are 6,53,717 after a decrease of 14,437 in the last 24 hours, while the total recoveries are 71,37,229 with 59,105 new discharges in the last 24 hours.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. India has crossed landmark milestones in its fight against COVID-19. More than 70 Lakh patients have been cured and discharged so far. This has led to a surge in the national Recovery Rate, which leaped past 90%: Ministry of Health.
2. RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday. He said he will continue to work from isolation.
I have tested COVID-19 positive. Asymptomatic.Feeling very much alright.Have alerted those who came in contact in recent days.Will continue to work from isolation. Work in RBI will go on normally. I am in touch with all Dy. Govs and other officers through VC and telephone.
— Shaktikanta Das (@DasShaktikanta) October 25, 2020
3. Delhi reported 4136 new COVID-19 cases, 3826 recoveries/discharges/migrations and 33 deaths on Sunday. Total cases in the national capital rose to 3,56,656, including 3,23,654 recoveries/discharges/migrations and 6258 deaths, and active cases 26,744.
4. Maharashtra reported 6,059 new COVID-19 cases, 5,648 recoveries and 112 deaths on Sunday, as per their Public Health Department. The COVID tally of the state rose to 16,45,020, with 14,60,755 recoveries and 43,264 deaths, and 1,40,486 active cases.
5. Punjab reported 415 new COVID-19 cases and 10 deaths on Sunday. Total number of cases stand at 1,31,055 including 1,22,721 discharges, 4,217 active cases and 4,117 deaths: State Government
6. Himachal Pradesh reported 157 new COVID-19 positive cases and 272 new recoveries on Sunday. Total cases in the state rise to 20,370, including 286 deaths and 17,568 recoveries. Active cases in the state stand at 2,489.
7. 4,127 new COVID-19 cases, 3,857 discharged cases and 60 deaths reported in West Bengal on Sunday, as per the State Health Department. Total cases: 3,49,701; active cases: 37,017; death toll: 6,487
8. Karnataka reported 4439 new COVID-19 cases, 32 deaths and 10,106 discharges on Sunday. Total cases in the state rise to 8,02,817, including 7,10,843 discharges, 10,905 deaths and 81,050 active cases.
9. Tamil Nadu reported 2,869 new COVID-19 infections, taking total cases to 7,09,005 out of which 30,606 are active patients. 10,924 total deaths in the state, including 31 in the last 24 hours.
10. Kerala reported 6,843 new COVID-19 cases taking the number of active patients to 96,585.