The overall number of global coronavirus cases has crossed the 40-million mark, while the deaths have increased to more than 1.1 million, according to Johns Hopkins University data.
Here are the top 10 developments this morning:
- As Covid-19 infections continue to rise across the US, Dr. Anthony Fauci has said that following public health measures is the way out of the crisis.
- Amid rising cases across Europe, some cities in the UK, France, Spain show resistance in centralized efforts to impose stricter regulations.
- French first lady Brigitte Macron has self-isolated after a potential coronavirus exposure, as per a report by CNN.
- In a first, organizers of the South Carolina State Fair will host a drive-thru state fair this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci predicts that once a safe and effective vaccine becomes available in the US, it may be challenging to get people to take the vaccine.
- Italy recorded 73 new coronavirus-related deaths on Monday as per data from the Civil Protection Agency.
- At least 1,707 new Covid-19 cases and approximately 54 fresh deaths were reported on Monday, according to the Florida Department of Health.
- According to new research published on Monday, many nursing home residents with COVID-19 don’t show symptoms before testing.
- The UK reported another 18,804 coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, according to government data published on Monday.
- Canada has announced that the US-Canada border will remain shut until at least Nov 21.