A gem of a person, India’s Missile Man, a genius in every sense of the word, one of the greatest scientists of all times, a prolific writer and a great teacher, Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam was born on this date 15 October, 1931 in Rameswaram and took his last breath, at the age of 83, in Shillong. India salutes the People’s President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
Life had not been very easy on him; during school days, he used to distribute newspapers in order to add to his father’s income but that did not stop him from dreaming and achieving big in life. Sir Kalam was a recipient of the Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan and Bharat Ratna.
One of the most important lessons that he taught us is that despite becoming big in life, one must never lose humility and simplicity.
As the nation remembers the People’s President let’s revisit some of the best quotes from our beloved Dr Kalam:
1. “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck”.
2. “All birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the clouds”.
3. “Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts Result in action. Dreams are not those which come while we are sleeping, but dreams are those when you don’t sleep before fulfilling them”.
4. “If you want to leave your footprints on the sands of time do not drag your feet”.
5. “Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident”.
6. “Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career”.
7. “Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work”.
8. “Life is a difficult game. You can win it only by retaining your birthright to be a person”.
9. “It is very easy to defeat someone, but it is very hard to win someone”.
10. “End is not the end, if fact E.N.D. means “Effort Never Dies”.