The Forbes List of Richest Indians is out and Reliance Industries Chairman remains the wealthiest person in the country for the 13th consecutive year.
“In a tumultuous year for the global economy, India’s richest preserved their wealth. Mukesh Ambani remains the wealthiest Indian for the 13th year in a row, adding $37.3 billion to his net worth,” Forbes said.
Forbes has also noted entry of Pune-based Serum Institute of India, world’s largest vaccine producer by number of doses produced and presently engaged in development of a COVID-19 vaccine in conjunction with Oxford University, in top 10.
“Top on the list was Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries. At number one for the thirteenth consecutive year, his net wealth stands at $88.7 billion. His company had a good year with $20 billion of investments in its mobile services business Jio Platforms. Facebook and Google, two of the world’s top technology companies were large investors as were a host of others–KKR, Silver Lake, Mubadala to name a few,” Forbes observed.
The money also resulted in a rerating of the telecom sector with fellow tycoon Sunil Mittal moving up three slots to rank 11 with a net wealth of $10.2 billion,” Forbes observed.
Meanwhile, seven Indian-Americans have also made it to Forbes’ list of richest Americans, topped by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos for the third year in a row with a net worth of $179 billion. Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Cofounder Bill Gates holds the second slot in the list with a net worth of $111 billion.
WHO ARE THE RICHEST INDIANS: TAKE A LOOK
- Mukesh Ambani (88.7 billion dollar)
- Gautam Adani (25.2 billion dollar)
- Shiv Nadar (20.4 billion dollar)
- Radhakishan Damani (15.4 billion dollar)
- Hinduja brothers (12.8 billion dollar)
- Cyrus Poonawalla (11.5 billion dollar)
- Pallonji Mistry (11.4 billion dollar)
- Uday Kotak (11.3 billion dollar)
- Godrej Family (11 billion dollar)
- Lakshmi Mittal (10.3 billion dollar)
- Sunil Mittal (10.2 billion dollar)
- Dilip Shanghvi (9.5 billion dollar)
- Burman family (9.2 billion dollar)
- Kumaramangalam Birla (8.5 billion dollar)
- Azim Premji (7.9 billion dollar)
- Bajaj family (7.4 billion dollar)
- Madhukar Parekh (7.2 billion dollar)
- Kuldip and Gurbachan Singh Dhingra (6.8 billion dollar)
- Savitri Jindal (6.6 billion dollar)
- Murali Divi (6.5 billion dollar)
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram