The number of coronavirus cases recorded around the world has now climbed to 30.68 million, according to the Johns Hopkins University tracker. Deaths from the virus stand at 955,841. However, over 20.92 million people have been recovered from the virus.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. The World Health Organization (WHO) has endorsed a protocol for testing African herbal medicines as potential treatments for coronavirus and other epidemics.
2. France reported 13,498 new confirmed coronavirus cases on Saturday, setting another record in daily additional infections.
3. The UK reported 4,422 new daily cases on Saturday, 100 more new cases than on Friday and the highest daily total since May 8.
4. Brazil recorded 33,057 additional confirmed cases of coronavirus in the past 24 hours, and 739 deaths.
5. In Australia, there were 14 new cases and five deaths reported in Victoria in the past 24 hours.
6. Mexico’s health ministry on Saturday reported 5,167 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the country, bringing the total to 694,121 cases and 455 new deaths, for a cumulative death toll of 73,258.
7. India’s COVID-19 case tally crossed 54-lakh mark on Sunday with a spike of 92,605 new cases and 1,133 deaths in the last 24 hours.
8. The Philippines reported 3,962 new infections and 100 additional deaths, with both numbers the highest in five days.
9. Three new community cases of COVID-19 reported in New Zealand this weekend.
10. The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany increased by 1,345 to 271,415, data from the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases showed on Sunday. The reported death toll rose by two to 9,386, the tally showed.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram