India’s COVID-19 case tally crossed 54-lakh mark on Sunday with a spike of 92,605 new cases and 1,133 deaths in the last 24 hours.
The total case tally stands at 54,00,620 including 10,10,824 active cases, 43,03,044 cured/discharged/migrated and 86,752 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. In the last 24 hours, 12 lakh tests were conducted across the country which is an all-time record high. More than 6.37 crore COVID-19 tests have been conducted so far: Ministry of Health
2. Former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh Tested coronavirus positive on Saturday.
3. In view of the increasing number of COVID-19 cases, Section 144 of the CrPC has been imposed in Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Ajmer, Alwar, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Udaipur, Sikar, Pali and Nagaur districts, ANI reported. Ban on social or religious functions to continue till October 31: Rajasthan Govt
4. 4,644 new COVID-19 cases, 2,862 recoveries and 18 deaths reported in Kerala on Saturday, taking active cases to 37,488 and death toll to 519: Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan
5. The total number of COVID-19 cases in Delhi rose to 2,42,899 with 4,071 new cases and 38 deaths reported on Saturday. The numbers of active and recovered cases are 32,064 and 2,05,890 respectively. The death toll is at 4,945: Delhi government
6. West Bengal reported 3,188 new COVID-19 cases and 56 deaths on Saturday, taking total cases to 2,21,960 including 1,93,014 discharges, 24,648 active cases and 4,298 deaths: State Health Department
7. 5,569 new COVID-19 cases, 5,556 discharges and 66 deaths reported in Tamil Nadu on Saturday. Total number of cases now at 5,36,477 including 46,453 active cases, 4,81,273 discharges and 8,751 deaths: State Health Department
8. Punjab reported 2,696 new COVID-19 cases and 49 deaths on Saturday, taking the total number of cases to 95,529, including 70,373 recoveries, 22,399 active cases and 2,757 deaths: State Health Department
9. Karnataka reported 8,364 new COVID-19 cases, 10,815 discharges and 114 deaths today. The total number of cases in the State is now at 5,11,346 including 98,564 active cases, 4,04,841 discharges and 7,922 deaths: State Health Department
10. 2,078 new COVID-19 cases detected in Uttarakhand on Saturday. Total positive cases in the State are now 40,085, including 12,465 active cases, 26973 recovered cases and 478 deaths: State Health Department