India’s COVID-19 case tally crossed 52-lakh mark on Friday with a spike of 96,424 new cases and 1,174 deaths in the last 24 hours.
The total case tally stands at 52,14,678, including 10,17,754 active cases, 41,12,552 cured/discharged/migrated and 84,372 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan Thursday said that the government is aiming at bringing down India’s COVID-19 mortality rate to less than 1 per cent from the current 1.64 per cent, which is still the lowest in the world.
2. The health ministry has said that 60% of India’s case active coronavirus cases are concentrated across five worst-hit states.
3. 24,619 new COVID-19 cases and 398 deaths reported in Maharashtra on Thursday. The total number of cases in the state rises to 11,45,840, including 8,12,354 recoveries, 3,01,752 active cases and 31,351 deaths: State Health Department
4. West Bengal reported 3,197 new COVID-19 cases and 60 deaths on Thursday, taking total cases to 2,15,580, including 1,87,061 discharges, 24,336 active cases and 4,183 deaths: State Health Department
5. Karnataka reported 9,366 new COVID-19 cases, 7,268 discharges and 93 deaths on Thursday, taking the total number of cases to 4,94,356, including 1,03,631 active cases, 3,83,077 discharges and 7,629 deaths: State Health Department
6. 8,702 new COVID-19 cases and 72 deaths reported in Andhra Pradesh in the last 24 hours. Total cases in the state rise to 6,01,462, including 5,08,088 recovered and 5,177 deceased. Active cases stand at 88,197: Andhra Pradesh Health Department
7. 5,560 new COVID-19 cases, 5,524 discharges and 59 deaths reported in Tamil Nadu on Thursday. Total number of cases now at 5,25,420 including 46,610 active cases, 4,70,192 discharges and 8,618 deaths: State Health Department
8. 1,192 new COVID-19 cases reported in Uttarakhand on Thursday. The total number of cases in the state is now 37,139 including 24,810 recoveries, 11,714 active cases and 460 deaths: State Government
9. The Union Territory of Ladakh reported 41 new COVID-19 cases and one death on Thursday; 22 patients recovered and discharged: Department of Information & Public Relations, Ladakh
10. 1380 COVID-19 cases detected today out of 20557 tests. Positivity rate is at 6.71%. Total number of cases now at 1,50,349 including 1,19,364 discharges, 30,454 active cases and 528 deaths: Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said on Thursday