India’s COVID-19 case tally crossed 45-lakh mark on Friday with a spike of 96,551 new cases and 1,209 deaths reported in the last 24 hours.
The total case tally now stands at 45,62,415, including 9,43,480 active cases, 35,42,664 cured/discharged/migrated & 76,271 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. 23,446 new COVID-19 cases and 448 deaths reported in Maharashtra on Thursday, while 14,253 patients were discharged. The total cases in the state rise to 9,90,795, including 28,282 deaths and 7,00,715 patients discharged: Public Health Department, Maharashtra
2. Delhi reported 4,308 new COVID-19 cases, 28 deaths on Thursday. Total cases in the national capital rise to 2,05,482, including 4,666 deaths and 1,75,400 recovered/discharged/migrated. Active cases stand at 25,416: Government of Delhi
3. West Bengal reported 3,112 new COVID-19 cases, 41 deaths and 3,035 discharges on Thursday. The total cases in the state rise to 1,93,175, including 3,771 deaths and 1,66,027 discharges. Active cases stand at 23,377: Government of West Bengal
4. 10,175 new COVID-19 positive cases and 68 deaths reported in Andhra Pradesh on Thursday. Total number of cases now at 5,37,687 including 97,338 active cases, 4,35,647 recoveries and 4,702 deaths: State COVID-19 nodal officer
5. Kerala reported 3,349 new COVID-19 positive cases on Thursday. Active cases now at 26,229; also 72,578 patients have recovered so far in the State: Kerala Government
6. Tamil Nadu reported 5,528 new COVID-19 cases, 64 deaths and 6,185 discharges on Thursday. The total cases in the state rise to 4,86,052, including 8,154 deaths and 4,29,416 discharges. Active cases 48,482: State Health Department
7. Uttar Pradesh reported 7,042 new COVID-19 cases and 94 deaths on Thursday, while 4,605 were discharged. The COVID tally in the state rise to 2,92,029, including 4206 deaths and 2,21,506 discharged: State Government
8. 1,592 new COVID-19 cases reported in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday; 770 from Jammu division and 822 from Kashmir division. Total number of cases now at 49,134 including 14,074 active cases, 34,215 recoveries and 845 deaths: Government of Jammu and Kashmir
9. Uttarakhand recorded 1,015 COVID-19 cases, taking the total tally of the state to 28,226, including 377 deaths and 18,783 recoveries: Uttarakhand State Control Room
10. 9,217 new COVID-19 cases and 129 deaths reported in Karnataka on Thursday. There are 4,30,947 cases in the State now, including 6,937 deaths, 3,22,454 discharges and 1,01,537 active cases: State Health Department