The quintessential ‘Khiladi’ of Bollywood, the man who has aced varied roles from ‘Saugandh’ in his early years to to be released horror-comedy ‘Laxmmi Bomb’ and upcoming ‘Bell Bottom’, Akshay Kumar celebrates his 53rd birthday today.
A martial arts expert, ‘Padman’ Akshay Kumar has created a niche for himself in Bollywood with the vast array of roles he has effortlessly played.
Bollywood at the Barras. Akshay Kumar was in Glasgow today shooting scenes from his upcoming movie, Bell Bottom. A spy thriller film directed by Ranjit M Tewari. @TheScotsman #BellBottom #AkshayKumar pic.twitter.com/IZO1eIHoyI
— john devlin (@2point8_photos) September 3, 2020
Social media has been overflowing with birthday wishes with celebs, fans and friends wishing the actor.
Throwback to the 80s!! 😎
Introducing the suave retro look of @akshaykumar from #Bellbottom!@humasqureshi @LaraDutta @ranjit_tiwari @jackkybhagnani @honeybhagnani @monishaadvani @madhubhojwani @nikkhiladvani @EmmayEntertain @poojafilms pic.twitter.com/avqbJD5joI
— vaani kapoor (@Vaaniofficial) September 9, 2020
— Ajay Devgn (@ajaydevgn) September 9, 2020
— Lara Dutta Bhupathi (@LaraDutta) September 9, 2020
— Riteish Deshmukh (@Riteishd) September 9, 2020
— Saina Nehwal (@NSaina) September 9, 2020
Happy birthday to a ‘REAL’ superhero called @akshaykumar ! What he does for the needy no one will ever know as most of it is quietly done but his motto of staying grounded has helped him achieve great heights ! May you keep shining like a superstar !#HappybirthdayAkshayKumar https://t.co/0ajfwhStej
— Vindu Dara Singh (@RealVinduSingh) September 8, 2020
Your harwork is inspirational @akshaykumar . Happy birthday sir.. god bless you .. Want to have fitness goals like you. One of my favourite actors.. and the masti you do is another level.. ❤️❤️#HappyBirthdayAkshayKumar . ❤️ pic.twitter.com/SHTutzvBuz
— Arjun Bijlani (@Thearjunbijlani) September 9, 2020
— Sonam K Ahuja (@sonamakapoor) September 9, 2020
Happy Birthday @akshaykumar sir! You have always been an inspiration for me. I have been fortunate enough to get to know you closely & learn so much. Your energy,optimistic approach, team spirit, work ethics is absolutely unmatchable. Thank you so much sir for guiding me always. pic.twitter.com/E2i35Zgm0Y
— Jackky Bhagnani (@jackkybhagnani) September 9, 2020
Hope you have a crackling birthday @akshaykumar!! Your evolution as an actor, the solid work ethic & tremendous discipline sets the bar so very high .. Have your best year yet, can’t wait to see you on the big screen again.. #HappyBirthdayAkshayKumar
— Tisca Chopra (@tiscatime) September 9, 2020
Happy Birthday @akshaykumar !
More power to you, to inspire millions through your movies that highlight various social issues in our society and help change mindsets. Wish you good health. pic.twitter.com/AgCNmKdGKJ
— Anurag Thakur (@ianuragthakur) September 9, 2020
As celebrations continue, we take you through the making of the star:
- Akshay Kumar was born as Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia to a Punjabi Family. His father was a government employee. He grew up in Chandni Chowk, Delhi. Then they moved to Koliwada, Mumbai.
- He then went to Bangkok to study martial arts and worked as a chef over there. After that he came back to Mumbai to start his own martial arts school.
- A student of his was a photographer and recommended him for modelling. Akshay got Rs 5000 for his first assignment.
- After working for a few modeling assignments, he received an offer from Raj Sippy to act in his film ‘Saugandh’ (1991), which however couldn’t do well in the box office.
- It was Abbas-Mustan’s thriller ‘Khiladi’ (1992) which made him a star.
- Akshay has mostly acted in thrillers and action movies like ‘Main Khiladi Tu Anari’ (1993), ‘Elaan’ (1994), ‘Mohra’ (1994), ‘Sabse Bada Khiladi’ (1995), and ‘Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi’ (1996).
- He even did a few romantic films such as ‘Yeh Dillagi’ (1994), ‘Dhadkan’ (2000), and ‘Andaaz’ (2003).
- In 2001, for the first time, Akshay played a negative role in the film ‘Ajnabee’. The film won him much acclaim as well as his first Filmfare Award for ‘Best Villain’.
- He then went on to do some comedy films like ‘Awara Paagal Deewana’ (2002), ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’ (2004), ‘Garam Masala’ (2005). The films succeeded at the box office and then he won his second Filmfare Award, for Best Comedian.
- In the year 2006, he starred in the sequel of Hera Pheri, titled Phir Hera Pheri. The sequel became a huge success at the box office. At the end of the year he acted in another comedy film ‘Bhagam Bhag’ which was again a success.
- In 2007 he gave some four outright hits including ‘Namastey London’, ‘Heyy Babyy’, ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa’ and ‘Welcome’.
- 2008 saw him debut on the small screen where he hosted a game show ‘Fear Factor – Khatron Ke Khiladi’. He also acted in ‘Singh is Kinng’ and broke the worldwide record of Om Shanti Om.
And there has been no looking back for Khiladi Kumar.
He was also awarded the fourth highest civilian award – Padma Shri – for his stellar performances.
When a Western Adrenaline Adventurer meets an Eastern Action Junkie,dont expect fireworks coz Brotherhood is what we found.2 fitness enthusiasts enjoying a stroll through wilderness is what I call a perfect walk in the park. Here’s a preview #IntoTheWildWithBearGrylls @BearGrylls pic.twitter.com/eWXibJBqOc
— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) September 7, 2020
Akshay Kumar’s Highest Earning Films
- Housefull 4: Rs 205.60 crore
- Good Newwz: Rs 196.33 crore
- Mission Mangal: Rs 192.67 crore
- 2.0: Rs 185.89 crore
- Kesari: Rs 151.87 crore
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram