The number of new cases reported in the last 24 hours is 66,999. The total number of cases reported in India stands at 23,96,637.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. The total number of Covid-19 tests done during the previous day is 8,30,391.
2. The number of active cases as of now stands at 6,53,622. The total number of patients discharged is 16,95,982. The total number of deaths due to Covid-19 is 47,033.
3. The COVID-19 death toll in Bihar mounted to 474 after nine patients succumbed to the disease, while 3,741 fresh cases of infection pushed state’s coronavirus caseload to 90,553, a health department bulletin said yesterday. The state has 30,010 active cases.
4. Union Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Y Naik said in a tweet that he has tested positive for COVID-19.
Naik added that his vitals are within normal limits and he is going into home isolation because he is asymptomatic.
5. Assam recorded the highest single-day spike in COVID-19 infection yesterday with 4,593 new cases, taking the total cases to 68,999. As many as six COVID-19 patients died during the day, Minister for Health and Family Welfare Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said.
6. Pune district reported 2,997 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, taking its case count to 1.15 lakh, a health official said yesterday.
The death toll in the district reached 2,619 with 67 patients succumbing to the infection.
7. Jharkhand reported 679 new cases of COVID-19 yesterday, taking the state’s tally beyond the 20,000-mark, as per an official bulletin. Eight persons also died during the day, taking the state’s toll to 202, it said.