Your World Today is NewsMobile’s daily edition, that brings to you a gist of all the top global developments. The top international developments today are:
- In a first, the Indian tricolour will be hoisted at the iconic Times Square in New York on Independence Day. The Empire State Building too will be lit up in hues of the tricolour – orange, green and white – on Friday, a day before the unfurling of the flag at Times Square.The Federation of Indian Associations (FIA) of the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut said in a statement that it ‘will be creating history’ on August 15, 2020 by ‘hosting the first-ever flag hoisting ceremony at Times Square’ to commemorate India’s Independence Day.
- Shortly after announcing the first COVID-19 vaccine, Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday said that his daughter, who was given a shot of the vaccine, had developed a slight fever but then recovered and now her antibody titers are high.
“In this sense, she took part in the experiment. After the first vaccination, she had a body temperature of 38 degrees Celsius, while the following day it was slightly over 37 degrees Celsius, that’s it. After the second injection, the second vaccination, her temperature also rose a little, and then everything cleared up, she feels good and the [antibody] titers are high”, Sputnik quoted Putin as saying.
- US President Donald Trump was briefly evacuated from a press conference, he was addressing at the White House by Secret Service agents and taken to a bunker as an armed man was shot at outside the White House complex.President Trump was abruptly ushered out of the press and event and US Secret Service agents with automatic rifles rushed across the lawn north of the White House.
- Terrorists in the Afghan province of Nangarhar have led an attack on law enforcement officers, leaving six dead and six more with injuries, locals told Sputnik on Tuesday.
The terrorists launched the attack on a local police checkpoint in the Gera Khel area of Pachir Wa Agam district in the province on Monday evening, local residents said. The injured officers were shifted to Nangarhar Public Health Hospital. Neither the government nor the terror groups have confirmed the incident.
- A day after Hong Kong media tycoon Jimmy Lai was arrested for breaching the national security law, the Japanese government has said that it is keeping a close watch on the grave situation in Hong Kong.
The NHK quoted Chief Cabinet Secretary Suga Yoshihide as saying that Japan has consistently stressed the need for Hong Kong to maintain its free and open system and develop in a stable, democratic manner, under the “one country, two systems” framework. He further said that Japan has conveyed its position to China at all possible times.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us onInstagram