Single-day spike of 52,050 COVID-19 positive cases and 803 deaths in India in the last 24 hours.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. India’s coronavirus count reached 18,55,746 on August 4, Tuesday after the country reported a single-day spike of 52,050 COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours.
2. Of the total cases, 12,30,510 have been cured/discharged. There are 5,96,298 active cases of COVID-19 in India and all are under medical supervision.
3. The country recorded 803 deaths in the last 24 hours, pushing the fatalities count to 38,938.
4. Maharashtra continues to report the highest number of coronavirus cases in the country. Maharashtra’s COVID-19 tally has increased to 4,50,196 and the fatality count stands at 15,842. 10,221 patients were discharged on Monday, raising the count of recovered cases to 2,87,030. At present Maharashtra has 1,47,018 active cases and 22,98,723 people have been tested so far.
5. India continues to improve the Case Fatality Rate (CFR) and maintain its global position of having one of the lowest COVID fatalities rates. With a further fall, the current CFR touched 2.11 per cent.
6. India’s Recovery Rate stands at 65.77 per cent amongst COVID-19 patients. 11,86,203 patients have recovered across the country from the illness so far.
7. According to the latest updates, India has tested 2,02,02,858 COVID-19 samples so far. There are 914 labs in the government sector 434 private labs which are authorised to conduct coronavirus testing.
8. Former Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Tuesday said he has tested positive for Covid-19. He added that he has been admitted to a hospital on doctor’s advice.
9. Meanwhile, Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Deb on Monday night said he was going into self-isolation after two of his family members tested positive. Deb said he was waiting for the results of his Covid-19 test.
— ICMR (@ICMRDELHI) August 4, 2020
10. The total number samples tested for the coronavirus till Monday is 2,08,64,750, says the Indian Council of Medical Research.