Lauding innovators from all across the country, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is interacting with today interacted with students during the grand finale of Smart India Hackathon.
Smart India Hackathon is a nationwide initiative to provide students with a platform to solve some of the pressing problems we face in our daily lives, and thus inculcate a culture of product innovation and a mindset of problem-solving. It has proved to be extremely successful in promoting out-of-the-box thinking in young minds
The first edition of Smart India Hackathon 2017 saw participation of 42000 students which increased to 1 lakh in 2018 and to 2 lakh in 2019. The first round of Smart India Hackathon 2020 saw participation of more than 4.5 lakh students. The Grand Finale of the software edition this year is being organized online by connecting all the participants throughout the nation together over a specially-built advanced platform. More than 10,000 students will be competing to solve 243 problem statements from 37 central government departments, 17 state governments and 20 industries.
The Smart India Hackathon has emerged as a vibrant forum to ideate and innovate. Naturally, this time our youth would be focussing on the post-COVID world in their innovations, along with ways to create an Aatmanirbhar Bharat. https://t.co/4c8zXNx7mT
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 31, 2020
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF PM’s MESSAGE
— ANI (@ANI) August 1, 2020
- It was very difficult to hold the event this year due to COVID-19, however, you have passed this challenge.
- Youth of India has overcome all obstacles.
- Be it Smart India Hackathon, or India-Singapore Hackathon, I got an opportunity to participate.
- Giving artificial intelligence (AI) a human touch is very important.
- Policing can be made effective with the help of AI.
- Data driven solutions in healthcare are bringing huge transformation.
- We can provide world class and affordable health service to villages and remote areas with the help of technology.
- Awareness regarding women hygiene reached us very late. We have been working on this for the past 6 years. Government healthcare institutions are providing biodegradable sanitary pads at Re 1 through Jan Aushadhi Kendras.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram