India on Thursday registered a record 45,720 new cases and 1,129 deaths. With this, the country’s tally is now 12,38,635 and toll stood at 29,861.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. A total of 3,50,823 samples were tested on Wednesday, says the Indian Council of Medical Research.
— ICMR (@ICMRDELHI) July 23, 2020
2. The Indian Council of Medical Research approves a second rapid antigen test kit, reports Hindustan Times. Developed and manufactured by Mylab Discovery Solutions, it is the first Indian made test kit to be approved. The test, named Pathocatch Covid-19 Antigen Rapid testing kit, It will be immediately available for orders and will be priced around Rs 450.
3. Nagaland reports 54 new cases. With this, the state’s total count is now 1,084, says Health Minister S Pangnyu Phom.
4. Jharkhand’s tally rises to 6,682 with 439 fresh infections, reports PTI. The toll in the state is now 64 with three more fatalities.
5. Assam records 972 fresh cases, taking its tally to 27,744. The toll rises to 56 with two new deaths.