India reported 582 deaths and the highest single-day spike of 29,429 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours.
According to the Health Ministry Wednesday morning update, total confirmed cases in the country now climbed to 9,36,181. There are now 3,19,840 active cases and 5,92,032 people have cured/discharged/migrated. The death toll now stands at 24,309.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Wednesday:
1. Record 20,572 patients recuperated from COVID-19 in the last 24 hours. India’s recovery rate improved to 63.24%: Union Health Ministry
2. 1647 new COVID-19 positive cases and 41 deaths have been reported in Delhi on Wednesday. The total number of cases rise to 1,16,993, including 17,807 active cases, 95,699 recovered/discharged/migrated cases and 3,487 deaths: Delhi Govt
3. Maharashtra’s tally climbed to 2,75,640 with 7,975 new cases. While 233 new deaths took the death toll to 10,928.
4. Tamil Nadu reported 4,496 new cases and 68 fatalities on Wednesday; 5,000 patients discharged in a single day, taking total recoveries to 1.02 lakh
5. 198 new COVID-19 positive cases and 67 recoveries have been reported in Goa. Total number of cases rise to 2951 including 1259 active cases, 1674 recoveries and 18 deaths: State Govt
6. 1,589 new COVID-19 positive cases and 20 deaths have been reported in West Bengal today. Total number of cases rise to 34,427 including 12,747 active cases, 20,680 discharged cases and 1,000 deaths: Health Department, West Bengal
7. 3176 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Karnataka on Wednesday of which 1975 cases are from Bengaluru, taking the total number of cases to 47253. Death toll rises to 928 after 87 deaths were reported today: State Health Department
8. Gujarat reported 925 COVID-19 cases and 10 deaths in the last 24 hours. With this, state tally has risen to 44,648 including 31,346 discharges and 2,081 deaths: State Health Department
9. 623 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Kerala on Wednesday, of which 157 cases are from Thiruvananthapuram. Total number of cases rise to 9,553, including 4880 active cases: CM Pinarayi Vijayan
10. The ICMR on Wednesday confirmed that more than 3.2 lakh samples were tested for COVID-19, the highest so far on a day, taking the cumulative number of tests conducted in the country till July 14 to 1,24,12,664.