With a sudden rise in the positive cases in the state, strict lockdown norms are being imposed in several parts of the state from tonight. On Monday, The Kalaburagi district administration announced a complete lockdown for a week to curb the spread of Covid-19.
Kalaburagi Deputy Commissioner B Sharat issued an order imposing lockdown in Kalaburagi City and taluk headquarters from July 14 to July 20. Medical services and businesses offering essential services such as hospitals, pharmacies and grocery shops would be allowed to operate as usual in the district during the lockdown.
Following the same, on Monday evening, the district administrations of Dharwad and Dakshina Kannada also declared lockdown for 10 days. The lockdown will come into force from Wednesday, July 15 (midnight) till July 24.
Earlier, the Karnataka government extended lockdown in containment zones till July 31. On July 11 it was declared that the State’s capital, Bengaluru will also undergo a complete lockdown from tonight. Here’s a list of what’s open and what’s not.
- All essential services can be availed. Shops selling essential commodities including milk, groceries and vegetables, would be permitted to open from 5 am to 12 pm.
- Home delivery of essential services is also permitted so that the movement of individuals outside the house can be minimized.
- Hotels and restaurants shall be permitted to operate kitchens for take away or home delivery of food items only.
- Nonessential shops, businesses, services are suspended.
- All places of worship shall be closed to the public, and religious congregations are strictly prohibited.
- Traveling outside without any essential/ immediate reason is prohibited
- Opening of theatres, malls, bars, gyms, swimming pools is not permitted.
- Public transportation services are also closed.
However, in another fresh update, the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike(BBMP) launched a new dashboard showcasing the details of coronavirus beds in the Karnataka capital city. The BBMP dashboard will provide details such as hospital reports, total reserved beds, occupied beds, and total available beds, beds blocked by BBMP.
The state has recorded 2,738 new coronavirus cases and 73 COVID-19 related deaths in the last 24 hours. Total coronavirus positive cases in the state are 41,581 with 757 deaths.