India reported 500 deaths and the highest single-day spike of 28,701 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours.
According to the Health Ministry Monday morning update, total confirmed cases in the country now climbed to 878,254. There are now 301,609 active cases and 553,470 people have cured/discharged/migrated. The death toll now stands at 23,174.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. Delhi has recorded 1,573 fresh coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, taking the tally to 1,12,494 in the city, while the death toll mounted to 3,371, authorities said on Sunday.
2. Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and her daughter Aaradhya, who had earlier tested negative for the COVID-19 through rapid antigen detection test, have tested positive on Sunday.
3. All four bungalows — Janak, Pratiskha, Jalsa and Vatsa — of Amitabh Bachchan have been sealed after he and his family members tested positive for Covid-19. Also, 54 staffers of Bachchan residence will be tested.
4. Bollywood actor Anupam Kher’s mother, brother, sister-in-law and niece have tested positive for coronavirus.
5. Maharashtra reported 7,827 new COVID-19 cases and 173 deaths on Sunday, taking the total number of cases to 2,54,427 including 1,40,325 recoveries and 10,289 deaths: State Health Department
6. 2,627 new COVID-19 cases and 71 deaths reported in Karnataka on Sunday, taking the total number of cases to 38,843 and death toll to 684: State Health Department
7. Coordinated action by the Centre with states and UTs, effective clinical management of coronavirus and timely diagnosis have led to a steady rise in the number of recovered cases in the country, the Union health ministry said on Sunday.
8. Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi said a decision will be taken “very shortly” on when to start the monsoon session of Parliament. Both Houses of Parliament were adjourned sine die on March 23.
10. West Bengal’s COVID-19 cases crossed 30,000 (30,013) with a record of 1,560 new cases in a single day. The death toll in the state due to coronavirus has risen to 932.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram