There are 12.68 million confirmed coronavirus and 564,506 deaths. However, 6.9 million people have been recovered from the virus, according to Johns Hopkins University’s coronavirus tracker.
Here are the 10 top global developments this morning:
1. US President Donald Trump wore a face mask in public for the first time Saturday, as walked through the corridors of Walter Reed military hospital outside Washington to meet with wounded veterans.
2. Brazil recorded 1,071 new deaths from the outbreak on Saturday, taking the total official death toll to 71,469.
3. Florida’s Walt Disney World opened to the public for the first time in four months, despite a surge of coronavirus cases in the state.
4. Hong Kong confirmed 61 new cases on Saturday, amid a third resurgence for the city which held off a devastating outbreak in the early months.
5. On Friday Australia’s national cabinet decided to more than halve the number of overseas flights, cutting the number of Australians who can return home by at least 4,000 a week.
6. Belgrade (Serbia) saw violent protests as the Serbian government tries to bring about a lockdown to curb cases.
7. Mexico’s Health Ministry on Saturday reported 6,094 new confirmed coronavirus infections and 539 additional fatalities, bringing the total in the country to 295,268 cases and 34,730 deaths.
8. Thousands of Israelis have protested in Tel Aviv against the government’s handling of the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic, resulting in violent clashes with police.
9. The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany increased by 248 to 198,804, data from the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases showed on Sunday. The reported Covid-19 death toll rose by three to 9,063, the tally showed.
10. India reported 551 deaths and the highest single-day spike of 28,637 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total confirmed cases in the country to 8,49,553.