India reported 482 deaths and 22,752 new COVID-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of people infected with coronavirus to 7,42,417. The death toll now stands at 20,642.
According to the Health Ministry Wednesday morning update, there are now 2,64,944 active cases and 4,56,831 people have cured/discharged/migrated.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. 2008 COVID-19 positive cases, 2129 recovered/discharged/migrated and 50 deaths reported in Delhi on Tuesday. The total number of positive cases in the national capital stands at 1,02,831 including 74,217 recovered/discharged/migrated and 3165 deaths: Government of Delhi
2. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has decided to reduce syllabus by 30 percent for classes 9-12 for the academic session 2020-21, in a bid to reduce the course burden of the students, amid the coronavirus pandemic.
3. 5,134 new COVID-19 positive cases, 3296 discharged and 224 deaths in Maharashtra today. The total number of positive cases in the state stands at 2,17,121 including 1,18,558 recovered, 9250 deaths & 89,294 active cases: Public Health Department, Maharashtra
4. Karnataka reported 1,498 COVID-19 cases and 15 deaths in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 26,815, including 11,098 recoveries and 416 deaths: State Health Department
5. Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) amended its COVID19 testing guidelines, allows people to undergo COVID testing at private labs without any doctor’s prescription, issues a list of 17 private labs where they can avail this facility.
6. West Bengal reported 850 new COVID-19 cases and 25 deaths in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 23,837 and death toll to 804. Number of active cases of infection stands at 7,243: State Health Department
7. Only one new COVID-19 case reported in Dharavi area of Mumbai on Tuesday. Total number of cases in the area is now at 2,335, including 352 active cases and 1,735 discharges: Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation
8. 272 new COVID-19 positive cases and 111 recoveries reported in Kerala on Tuesday. The total number of positive cases stands at 5,894 including 2,411 active cases. There are 169 COVID-19 hotspots in the state now: State Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan
9. Chairman District Disaster Management Authority/District Magistrate, Leh on Tuesday issued an order regarding ‘Unlock 2.0’ permitting all private and commercial vehicles (except public transport) to ply on all days without any restrictions.
10. A total of 1,04,73,771 samples tested for COVID-19 till July 7. Of these, 2,62,679 samples were tested yesterday: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)