India reported 425 deaths and 24,248 new COVID-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of people infected with coronavirus to 6,97,413. The death toll now stands at 19,693.
According to the Health Ministry Monday morning update, there are now 2,53,287 active cases and 4,24,433 people have cured/discharged/migrated.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. India has surpassed Russia to become the third worst-hit COVID nation, with the number of cases standing at 6,90,396.
2. Several monuments across the country will reopen from Monday for the first time in more than 100 days since the lockdown imposed in March. Monuments in Agra like Taj Mahal, Agra Fort will remain closed untill further orders as they fall in “buffer zone”, says the district magistrate, according to ANI.
3. Maharashtra reported 6,555 new COVID-19 cases and 151 deaths on Sunday, taking the total number of cases to 2,06,619 and death toll to 8,822. Number of active cases stands at 86,040: State Health Department
4. Delhi reported 63 deaths and 2,244 new COVID-19 positive cases on Sunday. Total number of positive cases stands at 99,444 including 71,339 recovered/discharged, 25,038 active cases and 3,067 deaths: Delhi Govt
5. The Kerala Health Department has issued a notification, extending the enforcement of state’s COVID-19 safety guidelines till July 2021 after amending the state Epidemic Disease Ordinance.
6. Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal inaugurated the 10,000-bed Sardar Patel COVID care centre, the “largest” of its kind in the world, at the Radha Soami Satsang Beas in the national capital on Sunday.
7. 1,925 cases of COVID-19 and 37 deaths recorded in Karnataka in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 23,474 and death toll to 372. Number of active cases stands at 13,251: State Health Department
8. West Bengal reported 895 new COVID-19 cases and 21 deaths in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 22,126 and death toll to 757. Number of active cases of infection stands at 6,658: State Health Department
9. Gujarat reported 725 new COVID-19 cases and 18 deaths in last 24 hours, taking the state’s case tally to 36,123 including 25,900 recoveries and 1,945 deaths: State Health Department
10. Goa reported 73 new COVID-19 cases today, taking the number of active cases to 853. Recovery rate among the patients stands at 50 per cent in the state: Chief Minister Pramod Sawant