India reported 507 deaths and 18,653 new COVID-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of people infected with coronavirus to 5,85,493. The death toll now stands at 17,400.
According to the Health Ministry Wednesday morning update, there are now 2,20,114 active cases and 3,47,979 people have cured/discharged/migrated.
Here are the 10 developments in India this morning:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi Tuesday announced the extension of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) for 80 crore people till the end of November. The scheme to distribute free ration to the poor during the lockdown was to end Tuesday.
2. With Unlock 2.0 beginning Wednesday, malls in Gurugram and Faridabad will reopen after 3 months.
3. Patanjali Ayurved on Tuesday said that it never claimed to have made medicine for coronavirus. It has withdrawn from its earlier claim, in reply to the notice given by Uttarakhand Ayush Ministry.
4. Delhi reported 2199 new COVID-19 cases and 62 deaths on Tuesday. Total number of cases stands at 87,360, including 5,834 recovered/discharged/migrated cases, 26,270 active cases and 2,742 deaths.
5. 88 new COVID-19 positive cases reported in CRPF, taking the total number of positive cases to 1,219, of which 555 are active and 655 have recovered. The death toll is at 9: CRPF
6. Maharashtra reported 245 deaths and 4878 new COVID-19 positive cases on Tuesday. Out of 245 deaths, 95 occurred in the last 48 hours and 150 from the previous period. The total number of cases in the state reaches 1,74,761, including 75,979 active cases: State Health Department
7. Karnataka reported 947 new COVID-19 positive cases, including 503 cases from Bengaluru Urban, taking the total number of cases to 15,242. The death toll rose to 246 after 20 deaths were reported Tuesday: State Health Department
8. 131 persons have tested positive for COVID-19 in the state on Tuesday. Number of active cases stands at 2,112, total 2304 have recovered till now: Kerala Health Department
9. 3,943 fresh COVID-19 positive cases and 60 deaths have been reported in Tamil Nadu on Tuesday. Total number of cases has risen to 90,167, including 38,889 active cases, 50,074 discharged cases and 1,201 deaths: State Health Department
10. Punjab reported 150 new COVID-19 positive cases and six deaths on Tuesday. Total number of cases rise to 5568 and the death toll is at 144: State Health Department