India reported 380 deaths and 19,459 new COVID-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of people infected with coronavirus to 5,48,318. The death toll now stands at 16,475.
According to the Health Ministry Monday morning update, there are now 2,10,120 active cases and 3,21,723 people have cured/discharged/migrated.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. Delhi reported 2,889 new COVID-19 positive cases and 65 deaths on Sunday. Total number of cases stands at 83,077, including 27,847 active cases, 52607 recovered/discharged cases and 2623 deaths: Delhi Government
2. Maharashtra reported 156 deaths and 5,493 new COVID-19 positive cases on Sunday. Out of 156 deaths, 60 occurred in the last 48 hours and 96 from the previous period. The total number of cases in the state reaches 1,64,626, including 70,607 active cases: State Health Department
3. Malls that have been shut for almost three months owning to coronavirus-induced lockdown are set to re-open from July 1 in Gurugram and Faridabad districts, said Haryana government on Sunday.
4. Union Home Minister Amit Shah has said that the government has taken steps to ramp up infrastructure and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the national capital and 30,000 beds will be available by the end of this month
5. Karnataka reported 1,267 new COVID-19 positive cases, including 783 cases from Bengaluru Urban, taking the total number of cases to 13,190. The death toll rose to 207 after 16 deaths were reported on Sunday: State Health Department
6. Tamil Nadu reported 3,940 new COVID-19 positive cases and 54 deaths on Sunday. Total number of cases stands at 82,275 including 45,537 discharges, 35,656 active cases and 1,079 deaths: State Health Department
7. The total number of samples tested up to 28 June is 83,98,362 of which 1,70,560 samples were tested yesterday: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
8. 127 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Jammu and Kashmir today, 25 from Jammu division and 102 from Kashmir division. Total number of cases stands at 7093 including 2683 actives cases, 4316 recoveries and 94 deaths: Govt of J&K
9. 624 COVID-19 positive cases and 19 deaths have been reported in Gujarat on Sunday. State tally rises to 31,397 including 22,808 cured/discharged and 1,809 deaths: State Health Department
10. 70 new COVID-19 positive cases reported in Goa on Sunday, taking the total number of positive cases in the state to 1,198, including 717 active cases and three deaths: Goa Health Department