India on Thursday, recorded the highest single-day spike so far with 9,304 new cases, as per Union Health Ministry.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. India on Thursday, recorded the highest single-day spike so far with 9,304 new cases, as per Union Health Ministry. The total case tally is at 2,16,919 and the death toll at 6,075. As many as 1,04,106 people have recovered while active cases are 1,06,737.
2. Meanwhile, Maharashtra may have escaped the worse of Cyclone Nisarga but on Wednesday, the state recorded the highest single-day spike in coronavirus deaths with 122 fatalities. With this, the state’s total death tally rose to 2,587 while the number of positive cases reached 74,860.
3. A Ministry of Defence official has tested positive for Covid-19. Several officials have gone into self-quarantine.
A senior Ministry of Defence official has tested positive for #COVID19. After his test result came out, a large number of of defence officials got themselves tested. Many officials who had come in contact with him have also gone in self-quarantine: Sources. #Delhi
— ANI (@ANI) June 4, 2020
4. With domestic flights having resumed on 25 May, Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri on Wednesday said the government “will consider restarting international flights as soon as (the) situation normalises a bit and poses no danger” to the citizens.
“We will also have to consider that countries, where we intend to fly, are open to incoming foreign citizens,” he added.
5. A Railway official and his wife and daughter have tested positive for COVID-19 in Delhi, ANI reported.
The official had last attended office on 1 June.
6. Mizoram currently has 16 cases which are active. One person has been discharged.
7. With 22 more people testing positive for the novel coronavirus in Nagaland, the state registered an overall count of 80 cases so far. State health minister S Pangnyu Phom informed on Thursday that all 22 had recently returned from Chennai.
8. Two more people who recently arrived in Meghalaya from other states have tested positive for COVID-19, taking the state’s overall count to 33, chief minister Conrad K Sangma said.
9. A plea seeking intervention in a case relating to suo motu cognisance of problems faced by migrant labourers stranded in different parts of the country after the COVID-19 lockdown has been filed in the Supreme Court.
10. Of the total 42,42,718 COVID-19 samples tested so far, 1,39,485 samples have been tested in the past 24 hours, according to Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).