The number of COVID-19 in India surpassed 2 lakh on Wednesday, nearly doubling over 15 days.
India has reported 8,909 new cases highest ever single-day spike on Wednesday. The total number of cases in the country now at 207,615, including 101,497 active cases, 100,303 cured/discharged/migrated. It also reported 217 deaths in the last 24 hours, taking the death toll at 5,815.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. Delhi’s COVID-19 case count rose to 22132, with 1298 new cases reported on Tuesday. The total death toll stands at 556: Delhi Health Department
2. PM Modi and US President Donald Trump had a telephonic conversation in which they exchanged views on COVID-19 situation in the two countries, the situation on the India-China border, and the need for reforms in the World Health Organisation: PMO
3. 103 deaths and 2,287 new COVID19 positive cases reported in Maharashtra on Tuesday, taking the total number of cases in the state to 72,300. 31,333 patients have been discharged so far: Maharashtra Health Department
4. India’s recovery rate has improved to 48.07%, Health Ministry said on Tuesday, adding that 73% of COVID-19 deaths in the country are people with co-morbidities.
5. ICMR has been focusing on increasing COVID-19 testing capacity, we are testing nearly 1.2 lakh samples for coronavirus every day: ICMR
6. Indian Railways operationalised 4155 ‘Shramik Special’ trains across the country till 10 am Tuesday and transported more than 57 lakh passengers to their home states since May 1.
7. 29 deaths and 415 new positive cases of COVID-19 reported in Gujarat on Tuesday; the total number of cases rose to 17,632, including 11,894 cured/discharged and 1092 deaths: State Health Department
8. Six new positive cases reported in the state on Tuesday, taking the total number of positive cases to 79, including 22 active cases and 57 recovered: Goa Health Department
9. 396 new COVID-19 positive cases reported in West Bengal on Tuesday. Total positive cases in the state stand at 6,168 and death toll is at 263: State Health Department
10. Four more people have tested positive for COVID19 in Manipur, taking the total number of positive cases in the state to 89, including 75 active cases: State Government
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram